Friday, August 8, 2014

Zombies

Two nights ago, I had the craziest of dreams. Okay, please understand I always have strange dreams but this made me wake up the next day and question what I ate before bed. I didn't even do any midnight snacking either! 

My dream started with the preexisting knowledge that zombies were roaming our streets, throughout the world. No one knew where they came from, but we all understood that you could outrun them and you could do the typical head-shot to cease their attack. Now these zombies didn't attack you to eat you, no, this unique species only bit you to make you a zombie too. The transformation was immediate and those new recruits bore pale, droopy, decaying skin, with the huge chunk of flesh missing from the bite. 

With all of this information, I found myself living in my first apartment. Even though all the other rooms looked like my first place, my bedroom was that of the one I grew up in at my parents' house. I found myself stressed, trying to figure out where I could go to live zombie free. It was said that there were a few pockets of land that humans lived without fear. While I sat and thought about my travel plans, friends of mine came over with their son (These are real people that I know in real life). The only thing that was somewhat weird (only once I woke up and thought about it) their infant son was a talking parakeet. I used to parakeets and when we sat to talk about finding the zombie free zones, I pulled out the cage for the kid to hang out in. He and I bickered back and forth (I don't remember about what) but I do recall breaking, on accident, the bird size Ferris wheel. He became very agitated pacing the floor and yelling at me as I struggled to put the toy back together. Once he was settled and his toy was working again, it was decided which path we would take. Before we set out, I wanted to collect my brother.

Somewhere along the way I lost my friends (I believe they just kind of faded away from the dream) and it was just my brother and me. He and I walked for a while before we came to a house in the middle of the woods. For some reason we entered it, it reminded me of the house we grew up in. The stupid backdoor even stuck as I jiggled the handle to open it. Once in what should have been the backyard, we found ourselves walking into what looked like a deserted ghost town. There was only one person in sight. She informed us that if we wanted to become a part of their zombie free town, we had to show how brave we were. All of this was communicated silently (I have no clue how that worked. All I know is she opened her mouth and pointed towards a peninsula and her directions (in her own voice) filled our minds). My brother and I wandered to where she pointed. By the time we made it to the ridge of the peninsula, we had a massive round 2 seat raft in our possession. Before us, bright blue water churned with 15-20 feet waves smashing into each other. On the cement sides of the water sat hundreds of people sunning, dancing, cooking out, and playing games. When they saw us, they began to cheer and goad us on. My brother and I didn't need to discuss it even if this was the promise land we were hoping for there was no way we were not going to meet the challenge. We took a running start and jumped off the edge, landing hard in the raft in the water. Boy what a crazy ride! We spun backwards, smashed into the cement walls and water sprayed us in the faces. We held on for dear life!

 I hate to say, the ride must have been too much for my poor heart because I woke up then, gripping the sheets waiting for the next crazy twist or turn that was coming. Sigh, as I laid there in my bed letting my heart slow down, I thought about how weird and strange that dream was. If it wasn't for the fact that I dreamt it, I would have never believed someone could have had such a crazy adventure.           


No comments:

Post a Comment