Sunday, August 31, 2014

New 5 Star review for 'Frozen'


5.0 out of 5 stars But in this we have a great “Coming of Age” love storyAugust 30, 2014
Format:Paperback
"Beyond the obvious unfortunate accident that Disney would come out with a blockbuster hit movie by the same name as this story, I found this story very entertaining. I was familiar with this story when it was just a short story, being that Elle and I are members of the same writers group. My surprise was that she successfully recreated it as a fully fleshed out novel. It holds well to the axiom that the story is paramount. While she did touch on the details needed to “paint the picture” of this world she didn't dwell on it as some writers do. But in this we have a great “Coming of Age” love story.
The characters are well formed and I could relate to them all. Verick, the main character, is the clumsy, awkward side of me as a teenager. Maille, my first ever girlfriend. All the members of Vericks family tie into different members of my extended family(which is huge). While they all deal with the world they are in they still live out the human lives we see today. Because of that it was easy to see myself in that world too. Beyond My disbelief in the religious beliefs of this story I was able to suspend mine to flow along with the story.
There are a few gaps or jumps in the story that I felt could have been filled to make the story flow better. Two or three more chapters would have cleared up the few times I wrinkled my brow at those gaps. However, Elle did a wonderful job of keeping me interested. It made me eager to see what was on the next page. In the end I was reminded of the classic cliffhanger. How will Verick and Maille grow together? Does he deal with his enemy? Has his new found sidekick and knowledge lead to victory over mankind’s oppressors? As they use to say in the old 1940's movies, “Tune in next time for the story of the intrepid Verick!”"


http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Elle-Rose-ebook/dp/B00I2O26I0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409498496&sr=8-1&keywords=Frozen+Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment